What is Organic Food?
Organic food is defined as the food which is produced in the farms where there is no scope for any sort of chemicals, toxic pesticides, artificial compositions and as well preservatives which are synthesized. The farmers are not allowed to use even the ionizing radiation for the sake of people’s health. The farming methods which are used for cultivating organic food are animal friendly. The growth of the crops are done without any sort of fertilizers other than using those which are naturally produced naturally. The animal products like eggs, poultry and meat are produced without the use of antibiotics and any other sort of growth hormones. So, the health benefits of organic food are very intense and has been popularly used by the people around the world.
Why Organic food is costly
Generally the following are the factors for the increase in the cost of the organic food. However, in the coming days we wish everyone will go with the organic cultivation and the prices will soon come down with the increase in the demand.
- There is a strict need for more labor and as well the high maintenance. The cost of these are reflecting on the cost of the food.
- There won’t be any sort of subsidies for the farmers and so they have to spend more money from their side other than conventional farmers.
- The small quantity of the food that is produced in less quantities needs a lot of transportation and as well processing amount.
Benefits of Organic Food:
Have a look at the benefits of eating organic food and as well how the world is changing its habits for the welfare of the world and their health.
- As there are no chemicals and absence of all sorts of pesticides in the food, this is very helpful for the health of the humans.
- Even the farmers are going to stay healthy as they are not getting exposed to the chemicals while using them in the farms.
- The amount of carbon emissions will be very less in the case of the organic farming. The environmental benefits of organic food are extensive when compared to the normally synthesized food.
- Growing children needs lot of nutrition and the benefits of organic food for children is encouraged by the parents even as the pesticides will be having very drastic impact on their organs and effect their health.
In these days, right from the poultry, eggs, meat, bread, fruits, vegetables, rice etc. are obtained in the form of organic products. Consuming these will be very helpful for the health for the country and as well for the health of the people as there are many advantages of organic food that have become popular these days.
Choosing organic products have become a mania for most of us and for the good cause there are many farmers who are starting to produce them. You can get some more information and as well much more details about organic food here: