Virechana Karma is one of the panchakarma considered as Detoxification in Ayurveda which is useful in balancing Pitta Dosha in the body. Panchakarma, a group of pentad therapies that are designed tools in Ayurveda to restore the balance to the body. By considering the disease state, quality of life, psychological factors, and behavioral changes, one among the five therapies is chosen and tailor-made according to individual, where these panchakarma therapies are aimed to eliminate toxic materials that are accumulated in microchannels of the body, and to balance the vitiated doshas. These tablets are a unique formulation of natural ingredients such as Bala Haritaki, Trivrt and Eranda Taila. Virechana Vati is an efficient Ayurvedic formulation consist of a wide range of ayurvedic herbs, that helps to keep the Pitta and Vata doshas in a balanced condition. Constipation leads to many types of complications, which may flare up to some life disturbing disease conditions like hemorrhoids/fissure. Virechana is a process by which the vitiated Pitta and other mala from the whole body are expelled out through gastrointestinal tract by means of purgation with the use of specific formulations.
TYPES OF VIRECHANA KARMA
Jaundice, Anemia, Hemorrhoids, Abdominal tumors, Chronic fevers, Eye disorders, Diabetes, A headache, Vaginal disorders like yeast infections, Testicular disorders like hydrocele, Asthma, Epilepsy or seizures, Insanity disorders like schizophrenia, Urinary calculi and many more diseases which are related to pitta aggravation.
The treatment procedure is divided into three parts
1.Purva karma(pre procedure)
2. Pradhana Karma(main Procedure)
3. Pashyat Karma(Post Procedure)
Excess Pitta from the body is eliminated by undergoing Panchakarma treatment. One of its parts is Virechana. It is undertaken by mixing Virechak medicine (purgative medicine) in milk or warm water preparation. Herbs included are prune and senna. Cows milk is also used for this treatment.Properties drugs used for Purgation includes Ushna, Teekshna, Sookshma, Vavayi, Vikasi, Jala and Prithvi mahabhoota pradhana/Adhobhagahara Prabhava.
Virechana vati Composition :
- Haritaki 400 mg
- Trivrt 100 mg
- Eranda Taila Q.S
- Potassium sorbate 1.2 mg
- Sodium benzoate 0.6 mg
- Excipients Q.S
Benefits of Virechana Karmas
- Wash out of the toxins and extra mucus from the GI tract and result in improving the digestion.
- Clears congestion from the liver and thus improves metabolism and fat digestion.
- Relieves many gastro -intestinal disorders.
- Overcomes skin disorders, rashes & allergies.
- Gradual increase in Appetite
- Enhances Immunity of the body
- Minimises chances of chronic diseases
- Improves Digestion and regulates Metabolism
- Body feels Lighter
- Chances of skin diseases is minimised
- Cleanes sweat glands, kidney, small intestines, liver, spleen, and stomach.
- This is indicated in constipation, flatulence, distension of abdomen due to obstruction to passage of urine and stools
- This also indicated in piles, jaundice, cough, hiccup, worms, oedema
- This is also useful in such type of disorders like urinary disorder, skin disorder.
- It is used in Virechana panchakarma therapy.
2-4 tablets at night or as prescribed by the physician