The Ayurvedic diet is mainly based on the ancient medicinal practices which will promote the complete balance in the physical body and also mind which will help in the prevention of various health problems. The maxim of an Ayurvedic diet is “We are what we eat”. This principle is being followed religiously by Ayurveda. This branch of ancient medicine believes that the root cause of all health problems is nutrition. The Ayurvedic recipes and nutritional elements value the individual health requirements and thus suggest that any complaint from the digestive system should never be ignored. For Ayurveda, juices play an important role in the diet system.
1. Tomato Juice
100 gram of tomato must be blended with a sufficient amount of water. Make it to a medium thickness. The tomato skin must not be peeled. Make sure you will not add any amount of sugar as the addition of sugar will make the solution acidic.
- Tomato juice is good for coronary heart health.
- It gives strength and the lycopene in tomatoes help prevents prostate cancer.
- The juice improves the digestion level and acts as a liver tonic with its antioxidant properties.
It is rich in oxalic acid, citric acid, potassium, Vitamin A, B and C.
- The juice contributes to your overall health and acts as an energizer.
- If you are suffering from hypertension, diarrhea, bronchitis, ulcer, and sunburn, tomato juice should be part of your daily diet.
2. Melon Juice
Peel and remove the seeds of a medium-sized melon and cut into pieces. Mix them with sufficient water and put it in a juicer. You can add sugar if you need. Melon is rich in vitamin C and A. It also contains potassium and magnesium.
- Melon juice works towards relaxing the body, removes excessive heat in the body, and its cold potency relieves tiredness.
- A person should consume this juice to increase the Kapha levels and reduce Pitta and Vata levels.
- It is an aphrodisiac too. It further works as a diuretic and a laxative.
- If you are suffering from unexpected weight loss, constipation, ulcer, acidity, urinary tract infections and a lack of appetite, the melon juice is good for you.
3. Carrot Juice
Wash the required amount of carrot and peel them. Then put them in a juicer. You can add required amount of palm sugar and lime juice. Drink after stirring it. Do not store the juice.
- Carrot juice works towards nourishing and protecting the liver.
- It is a rich container of essential minerals like phosphorus, sulfur, sodium, beta-carotene, vitamin A, iron, vitamin C, and calcium.
- It is an excellent blood purifier, alkalizer, and an aphrodisiac. Children are usually given carrot juice to boost their immunity.
- It is soothing, nourishing and healing in nature. It protects the body from cancer as it contains beta-carotene, an anti-cancer element.
- If you are suffering from ulcer, piles, cold and cough, heart problems and any kind of bleeding diseases, drink a large glass of carrot juice every morning on an empty stomach.
These recipes can be consumed once in a day at any time. To get better results drink the juices for an empty stomach. Ayurvedic food is not just restricted to its juices. The recipes can be made from fruits, vegetables, and also fibrous grains. Ayurvedic diet will always keep the body glowing and energetic. Ayurvedic diet will help in maintaining an ideal body weight as all of its recipes contain less fat. It also helps in digestion and gives a radiant body. The digestion process will be fast as it contains spices like garlic, ginger, black pepper etc.