Triphala is a miraculous Ayurvedic medicine that helps to keep the stomach, small intestine, and large intestine healthy by flushing out toxins. Triphala also helps to boost metabolism, improve immunity, lower cholesterol, and prevent microbial infections.The first steps to weight loss are a healthy diet and exercise. Triphala is a healthy and safe that aids weight loss. Triphala strengthens and tones the tissues of the colon. This, in turn, helps control the weight. The colon helps the body by eliminating waste products. It creates a healthy environment where the body can excrete the waste and let go of the accumulated toxins with ease. It helps fight constipation and inflammation of the digestive tract. It also lowers cholesterol significantly and helps remove water weight, thus reducing bloating. It acts as an energy booster.
Ayurveda is an ancient science that has its roots in India since the Vedic Age. It is a science based on herbs and their effects on the human body’s constitution. Triphala is an Ayurvedic diet added to something that aids weight loss. It contains three fruits , and hence the name Triphala.
The three fruits it contains are as follows:
- Amla or Amalaki (Indian Gooseberry or Emblica officinalis): This is an Indian native fruit. Its scientific name is Phyllanthus emblica, and it is commonly called the Indian gooseberry. It is rich in antioxidants and helps to cleanse the body of toxins. It helps regulate the health of the pancreas, manage the cholesterol levels, and increase the bone density.
- Behada (Bibhitaki or Terminalia bellirica): It is referred to as Bibhitaki in ayurveda language and is commonly found in South East Asia. It helps regulate blood cholesterol levels and gives healthy plasma, muscle, and bones.
- Harada (Haritaki or Terminalia chebula): It is a nut-shaped fruit and is essentially very beneficial to the human body. In Ayurveda, it is known as the universal panacea. It is highly regarded in Tibetan medicine too.
5 Easy Measures To Use Triphala For Weight Loss
Triphala is available in the form of powder or syrup and is available in any pharmacy or Ayurvedic store. You can also buy it online. Steps to take Triphala in order to improve overall health.
- Triphala Powder And Cold Water
Add two teaspoons of Triphala powder in a glass of water and let it soak overnight. Drink the Triphala water the first thing in the morning.
- Triphala Powder And Warm Water
Add a tablespoon of Triphala powder in a glass of water and let it soak overnight. In the morning, boil this water until its volume reduces to half. Let it cool for some time. Drink it in one go.
- Triphala Powder, Honey, And Cinnamon
Add a tablespoon of Triphala powder and a small stick of cinnamon to a glass of water. Let it soak overnight. In the morning, add a tablespoon of organic honey to this water and drink it at one go.
- Triphala Syrup
For Children 1½ teaspoons of Triphala syrup twice a day and for Adults 3 teaspoons daily twice before you go to bed.
- Triphala Tea
Boil a cup of water and add a tablespoon Triphala powder to it. Let it boil for 30 seconds. Pour the water into a cup and let it cool. Add a tablespoon of flaxseed powder and a dash of lime before drinking.