Ashwagandha, one of the most powerful herbs in Ayurveda, it has been used since ancient times it is frequently referred as Winter Cherry in the west, it is small sized herb, growing up to 1.5 meters with clusters of small green flowers mostly found in Sri Lanka, Pakistan and Afghanistan region.
Every day our bodies requires essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to maintain our body’s balance. Taking an Ashwagandha is a highly effective way to create balance and maintain vata in the body. A study conducted says that the antioxidant, glutathione peroxidase, catalase and superoxide dismutase levels in the body increase upon taking Ashwagandha.
Benefits of Ashwagandha Herb
- Ashwagandha is one of the best remedies to reduce stress, intake of Ashwagandha calms the mind and promote sound, restful sleep.
- Ashwagandha helps to enhance mental ability, problem solving ability and performance ability of the brain
- Ashwagandha is also a proven immunomodulatory, antioxidant and hormone precursor which tends to regulate important physiological functions
- Ashwagandha promotes general well-being and increases stamina in the body
- Ashwagandha destroys free radicals which cause damage to your skin and increase the texture and maintains skin youthful appearance.
- Ashwagandha interrupts cell division and inhibiting the development of new blood vessels because of this property it is used in cancer treatment
- Ashwagandha is used in treating Diabetes, thyroid, Blood pressure, asthma, systemic lupus, stress-induced ulcers, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Ashwagandha is found in a variety of forms, including the dried root, powder, capsules and tablets. Consuming Ashwagandha daily will have a positive effect on the body without any side effect and while opting ashwagandha product make sure the quality and brand.