What you know about dark chocolate is its color, taste and the various shapes in which they are available. But have you ever tried to know the dark chocolate benefits? Here you will come to know about the immense benefits of dark chocolate that include benefits of weight loss, providing nutrition to the body, generating calories and helping to nourish the skin.
- Nutritional Benefit – The dark chocolate nutrition benefits cannot be denied because dark chocolate is a good nutrient, especially if it contains cocoa. It is loaded with minerals and soluble fiber and also contains iron, copper, manganese, magnesium, selenium, phosphorous and potassium. The energy generated by all these constituents in dark chocolate accounts for a high amount of dark chocolate calories.
- Antioxidant – The dark chocolate benefits for skin is because it is a powerful source of antioxidant which helps to prevent the free radicals to damage the skin. Organic compounds in dark chocolate like flavanols, polyphenols and catechins are biological active as antioxidants helping the skin to be free from any blemishes. The higher the cocoa contents in dark chocolate, the more it is beneficial as an antioxidant.
- Lowering Blood Sugar – Dark chocolate helps to lower blood pressure as it produces Nitric Oxide which in turn helps the arteries to relax and thereby lowering the pressure of the flow of blood.
- Improves Metabolism – Dark chocolate helps to improve metabolism and controls appetite for which the dark chocolate benefits weight loss is proven. It has a direct impact on the human body to regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates and fats which helps to control the weight. 100 Grams of dark chocolate a day can help you to feel full and thus prevent the urge to have frequent servings. This results in weight loss for obese people.
- Lowering the chances of Cardiovascular disease – Dark chocolate helps to prevent LDL oxidation within the body and thereby reduce the risk of heart diseases. It also helps in lowering the deposit of calcified plaque inside the arteries which prevents constriction and blockage to the blood flow, leading to heart attack. Fark chocolate when taken in the morning in empty stomach can be more effective.
- Protecting the skin – The contents of flavanols in dark chocolate help the skin to be protected from the UV Rays of the sun, keeping the skin soft and moisturized.
- Improves the functions of the brain – The high content of flavanols helps to improve the functions of the brain and in case of those who are mentally impaired, the cognitive function is significantly improved. Theobromine and Caffeine are such substances that are found in dark chocolate, that are stimulants and help to improve the functions of the brain.
There is much evidence of the dark chocolate benefits that we are yet to experience unless we have dark chocolate included in our daily diet. To get premium quality dark chocolate, the best source could be online purchase, especially with stores like Foodzu, where you will find the widest range of dark chocolates ready to be delivered to your place at prices that are very much competitive.